As part of the church's mission and vision of seeking a true neighborhood that seeks to be good neighbors in our words and actions, I wanted to take time to highlight the Out ministries that the Church is a part of and ask you to join in praying for them AND/OR plugging in and helping out. If you sense any needs/have a idea for/passion for an Out ministry idea, come talk to Vola Ranaivoson, our Neighborhood Outreach Coordinator.
DC127 is an initiative of Washington, DC churches united to ensure the success of every child in DC. We believe we are called by God to mobilize our congregations to care for some of the most vulnerable children in our city. We do this by supporting foster and adoptive homes, and by supporting families in crisis in an effort to keep families together. Grace Meridian Hill is currently supporting two families who came into our congregation through DC127, and here’s how you can help:
- Finance planner/budgeter to meet with a parent regularly to help her with her finances.
- Making phone calls a couple of hours a week to low-income housing communities in an effort to find housing for a parent.
- Daytime babysitters (2-3 hours/day) to watch twin boys while their mom goes to job interviews.
- Daytime babysitting & overnight care for 1-2 little girls on weekends while mom works and to give her a break.
- Transportation to and from a hosting or church on the weekends (car seats will be provided).
Please email Miranda Kennedy (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested in helping DC127 families.