Grace Meridian Hill Kids is a community of kids, families, and volunteers desiring to encourage children to grow in their knowledge of the gospel, to become mature and equip disciplers of Jesus Christ and to serve to renew their neighborhoods for the glory of Jesus Christ.
At Grace Meridian Hill Kids we provide a fun and age-appropriate classes for children during the10:30 am worship service. We currently provide these classes:
Nursery: 0-24 months (2nd floor)
Toddler: 2 year olds (2nd floor)
PreK 3: 3 year olds (Fellowship Hall)
PreK4/K: 4 year olds and Kindergarten (Fellowship Hall)
Elementary: 1st - 4th graders (Fellowship Hall lobby)
For the safety and security of our children, families must check-in their children ages Infants-Fourth grade.
- Check-In opens 30 mins prior to the worship service in the church lobby. A greeter will meet you at the table where you will sign your child(ren) into the age-appropriate classes and fill out name tags for each child.
- On the nametags, please provide your cell phone number, in case we need to reach you during the worship service and any allergies. (Classes are nut-free zones)
- Children will worship in the worship service with you and will be dismissed right before the sermon. Infants and Toddlers must be dropped off on the 2 nd floor. PreK 3-Elementary kids will meet their teachers in the lobby.
- Pick-up for all children happens during communion. You will need to show your matching nametag when you pick up your child(ren).
Volunteering in the Children’s Ministry:
We need you! Come be a part of a team that is passionate about investing in the next generation. In sharing your gifts, the gospel and your time you will bless others and be blessed in return.
How to become a volunteer:
To keep our children safe, we look for volunteers who will fit our personality, vision, culture, theology, and values. Volunteers will be asked to:
- Complete an Application form
- Provide personal/professional references
- Read and Sign GMH Kids Policy and Procedure Handbook
- Conduct an interview with someone on staff
- Be checked on the internet/social media
Expectations of a volunteer:
- All GMH members serve in the Children’s Ministry in some capacity
- Please be on time and helpful in setting up
- Please adhere to the Policies and Procedures
- Join our training and service opportunities